What Am I Going To Do For The Next 34 Saturdays?

on Friday, January 8, 2010

I feel like it was only yesterday that I was drunk in Austin for the first football game of the season. Alas, all good things must come to an end. And I say good to try and not sound bitterly upset that out perfect season ended with less than anticipated greatness. Honestly, it is a surreal feeling. I'm not that upset. I mean, I wish with all my heart it had turned out differently, but what can you do. If they had flat out beaten our full roster, maybe I would be more upset. But to me this is like James beating me in a race if my feet had been cut off. I think he's gonna win. I was hopeful the whole game. Comebacks are awesome, and that kid pulled out some impressive passes that he should be congratulated on. I wish for his sake this wasn't how his career had started. I know he's taken snaps, but now he will be remembered as the one who couldn't save us. He'll just have to do something awesome in the next three years to change our memories. Anyways Gilbert, give 'em hell, give 'em hell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment