No Joke, I Met Someone Who Didn't Know What A Koozie Is.

on Thursday, January 28, 2010

A while back, I started to examining my blog. Many blogs I read have a weekly/monthly item. Lindonian has her cocktails and MODG has her Friday confessions. I have noticed a pattern in my writing, and it has to do with Mo's. I have previously defined "Mo", but it was so embedded in a rant, I can hardly blame someone for missing it. Therefore, my personal periodical of choice will we be titled, "Mo is for Moron". I have already written a few installments, but from now on, I'll try to have a little more structure.

Koozies. A delightful contraption designed to keep your beer cold, and your hand warm. I realize not everyone is me, and not everyone has one on them or in their car at all times, I do not judge you. I myself am a "comfort" person. I like having a warm hand. The Mo for the day is a yankee residing in South Florida. Let's call him Teddy. I'm sure you are assuming that I chose to respect his privacy and keep his name a secret, but no. His name is in fact Teddy, and he is a Mo. 

While I myself was living in Florida, I was constantly under ridicule for my little neoprene friend. His clever retort was always the same, "Well, I drink my beer fast enough that it doesn't get warm". I of course followed with, "Ya, and what about your hand, dumbass." Teddy: "Oh, right, uhhh...". But the whole thing started with him asking, "what's that?", or, "what do you call that beer thing again?" Really? Beer thing?

Now compare that with the 30 minute conversation I had with my cousin about koozie design. For his ranch weekend, he is making koozies instead of the traditional t-shirt. It was my job to edit his wording, pick a font, add a decal, scale down the Lonesome Dove quote, an make it all fit on a koozie. Once I had done that, I sent it to him to verify and the 30 minute gchat ensued. What about this? Why not move that there? Should we put a date? And on and on. So today, I emailed him again, after we had already finalized the plans. A new idea had formed. I send it off to gain approval. Approval was of course given, for I am a design genius. In addition, I was forwarded another email, from a third party, who my cousin had asked to review our plans. I put his ideas into action. So let's see, my mother handed the project off to me. Kay Ann will be doing the ordering. I was in charge of design, and Ben and John handled the final product. I'm just saying, we take our koozies seriously. I hope the boys of Ranch Weekend 2010 appreciate them as much as we do.





3 comments:

"Julie" said...

i have a koozie in the console of my car....too much??

CStans said...

Absolutely not, it's called being prepared.

Anne Smith said...

they need to come to our neighborhood. land of the koozie. ps i like the new post theme! keep 'em comin!

Post a Comment