People Who Are Just Asking To Be Lied Too

on Wednesday, January 27, 2010

When the topic of "what celebrity do I look like" comes up, I cringe. It is just one of those moments where something bad could be said. This topic came to mind because a recent FB chain popped up.
 "During this week change your profile picture to someone famous (actor, musician, athlete) you have been told you look like. Lets keep this fun going...post this to your profile and see who does it!"

Ok. Personally, not big into the whole chain status thing, but if I was I would still skip this one. I say that because the girl's profile I found this on changed her pic to Giselle Bündchen. Give me a fucking break. I'm not saying this girl is unattractive, I'm just saying that who in there right mind would want to be compared to Giselle. The woman is a goddess. A) you don't look like her. B) if you think you do, get glasses. C) we all know you are just waiting for us to say "OMG you sooo do." Bite me.

 

And what if your friend looks like someone unattractive. They don't necessarily need to be unattractive, but you could see them as an unattractive cousin. Do you think said person is going to like this compliment. Probably not.


Or there are people like me who look like no one, so we get told we look like everyone. I take the compliment, say thank you, and go on with my life. But never do I think, "they were right. I do look like Julia Roberts". Because I don't. 

 

 Now, there are those friends who do look like attractive celebrities, and you are able to tell them so truthfully ( J-Money, you know who you are). I am not saying you should hold in such a compliment, but do make sure it is a compliment. It can be a dangerous topic of conversation.

And, If you feel strongly that I do in fact look like someone famous, I will not reprimand you for telling me. Just make sure it's not someone crappy.

 

4 comments:

"Julie" said...

haha I get randomly told I look like random celebs, and it bothers the shit out of me because then I feel awkward.

I have a friend who looks like Amanda Bynes and she HATES when we tell her. like she actually gets pissed!

I haven't seen you, so I can't say!

jacq said...

haha, thanks chizzle. and don't even pretend like your id isn't the fekking spitting image of heather graham. bah ha. it's true, but don't you just love how i took it there? welcome :)

ps. lurve the new blog pic. who made that rockin' pony?

lschro said...

I almost spit out my egg and hashbrown breakfast when I got to the "changed her pic to Giselle" part, I was laughing so hard. This chain facebook thing isn't like the "put the color of your bra in your status for breast cancer awareness" thing, you are going to be judged and made fun of if you change your profile pic to a super model. Get serious.

Xtina said...

I like how my friend told me I look like Margaret Cho (which I always got always always) and he didn't realize what an insult that was.

a) my eyes are much much bigger thank you

Post a Comment