The Ladies Of The T-Cove

on Thursday, January 14, 2010

So, I awoke this morning, with the sound of my mother chit chatting at the door. It was a voice I recognized as the one and only J Brant. Time to get up. The ladies of the TCGC were about to descend upon us. I had two options. Skedaddle. Or stay and help. I chose to stay. I was in charge of food prep. My mother in charge of checking every nook and cranny. Because of that bastard hurricane, we have recently had a remodel. Not extreme, but the house looks good. Many of the women haven't seen it since before, so this was its unveiling. 

Then J Brant came back bearing gifts. Nothing special really. Just a beautiful bouquet, she just whipped up from her own garden. That woman. Here I am microwaving and thawing frozen finger foods like its gourmet, and she comes in all mother nature. Love her, really I do, but it is frustrating to see someone do something you are totally not capable of. I mean, I'll never swim like Aaron Peirsol, but that's like godly ability. Common tasks and everyday things are more frustrating. Like when you follow someone recipe EXACTLY and it tastes fine, but not awesome. What is that?

Anyways, the lady who lunched, came and well, lunched. I had a jittery amount of coffee, shooed them out the door, and then off to work. Now, the coffee is wearing and I am hungry. What cures hunger and tiredness? Anybody got some crack?

0 comments:

Post a Comment