2009 Went Out With A Bang

on Monday, January 4, 2010

So, after a month hiatus, I guess it's time to write. Mainly, I wasn't by a computer as much, busy with the holidays and all. The holidays, are in fact, over. So sad. I hate winter, don't get me wrong, but who doesn't like the holidays. People visiting, movies to see, too much food to eat. Lets talk about food.

Christmas this year was a little different. We were told to branch out, that we didnt need a second Thanksgiving. So, we had all sorts of appetizers, grilling, bacon wrapped things. Then when everyone was good and full. We put out the turkey and stuffing. Basically we ended up with two meals in the time span of one. It. Was. Awesome. Followed by bread pudding with ice cream.

New years was really no different. Grazing for like 3 days. We stayed at the Lazy Dog Ranch in Dripping Springs and shot off fireworks and the whole bit. We even had a little snipe hunting. Quite funny to see grown people hunting snipe with their children, clucking noises and all. Greatness.

The weekend ended with a wedding in Austin. Laguna Gloria is quite pretty. Right on lake Austin,  it makes you jealous of all those people living up on the hill. Anyways, champagne was my drink for the last couple of days, and mad did I embarrass myself. Well it would have been embarrassing, but I don't remember it. People feel the need to remind me, which I don't care for.

Back to food. On Sunday morning, we ate a Juan in a Millions. I convinced everyone to get the Don Juan, and no one was disappointed. Davis finished 1 1/2, which is gross, but hey, its a feat none the less. 

On the football front, I was pleased to see the Texans win. I mean, there 1st winning season, nice. But as far as the Bengals go, what the hell? Try and stay positive. Geez.

Back in the office, might be a short week though. Football game on Thursday will determine my work schedule. if we win, I'm gonna want to party. I won't discuss the other option.

0 comments:

Post a Comment