Back To The Issue At Hand...

on Friday, September 11, 2009

End of a four day week, and I'm just thankful it was only four days. Something about knowing it was short made me unable to cope with work at all. I mean, it was still short, but I was ready for it to be over Wednesday afternoon.


I went to the TCGC meeting/party last night. Now for those not in the know, that stands for Timber Cove Garden Club. The garden club is in charge of throwing the annual parties. I mean, we have parties every week it seems like, but there are a few parties that have been happening for decades. The meetings are during the day, so sad I'll miss them because of work. That just leaves the parties and dinners, it's like I planned it. So I am officially the youngest member ever, and my mother and I are the only two "ladies" who share an address. I mean, we aren't the first mother-daughter pair, but most of the daughters have moved out of the nest. Oh well, first time for everything.

Tonight is one of those non-annual parties. Missy G is leaving for Spain in a week so tonight is her goodbye party, should be good. Tapas, awesome. Mine will be a fusion Texas/Mexican/Spanish thing. Gotta nail down the details. I'm sure it'll all work out. So that's the pre-party plan. Then maybe we'll hit up the local brew house, because sometimes, 4 hours of drinking isn't enough.


But I have to be careful, because tomorrow is another day of college football, and we all know, the fact that you drank heavily on Friday, is no excuse when it comes to being a puss while watching football. And then Sunday, oh Sunday. NFL, all day long. I mean, last night was good and all, but one game? Not nearly enough. I'm sure like all my other planned weekends, this one will end up being totally different than expected., but as long as I end up hungover on Sunday, I'll chalk it up as a win*.

* Let me clarify, hangovers are not a win. I'm just assuming that what got me to that hungover state will have been fun and drunken. Ok, just wanted to clear that up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment