Workin 9 to 5

on Friday, August 7, 2009

I thought real 9-5's were obsolete. A thing of the past. Apparently not. Somehow I managed to find a job that respects a person's right to sleep in. Fantastic. It is my 3rd day of work and I'm starting to feel a little less uneasy. I can now answer the phone without hesitation and hope to god I know how to answer the question. I hate feeling lost. Nothing worse than feeling dumb. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it but for now, I'm just gonna fake it till I make it.

On another note. I love A/C. It is possibly one of man's greatest inventions. I mean, Houston would have a population of 2 if it weren't for
A/C. But, when it is 102 outside, I feel a little silly bringing a sweater to work. The office is beyond frigid. It's so cold I don't want to even drink my Diet Coke for fear that it will make me colder. Of course, 4.5 seconds outside and I have thawed out. I'm just saying, a balance would be nice. But hey, if it's between this and the mind numbing heat awaiting me outside the door, I'll take the arctic any day.

And then there's lunch. Apparently, we are taken to lunch, everyday. The whole office. I mean there is only 10 of us but
c'mon, who does that?? But hey, I get fed. We get good food, free. A nice, long, hour break. Granted I get to work at 9am so eating at 11:30 is kinda early, but who says you can't take a relaxing lunch after 2.5 hours of grueling work. OK, so maybe it's not grueling so much as uneventful, but I deserve it! I'm sure the real workers of the world want to slap me right now, so I digress...

The weekend is approaching and I am excited. First Friday* tonight, so that should be good. Then Saturday is falling somewhere between boating and drinking or driving to Austin and drinking. Can't make up my mind. I haven't been to Austin in like 3 months so that would be cool, but its 3 hours away, and the lake is well, not. I'm sure whatever I choose will be good, so here's to not making good decisions!



*First Friday is a monthly party held on the first Friday of every month. It is always within walking distance of Chateau Stansfield so there is no such thing as a DD, that would just be absurd. Unless of course you drive your golf cart, then a whole other set of rules applies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment