Sunday Funday?

on Monday, August 10, 2009

I had big plans for the weekend. My first weekend as a working girl. Like I've said before, nothing makes you appreciate the weekend more than not being able to sleep in everyday. So, Friday night rolls around, and I get hammered. Maybe just a little to much, I'm not sure. I don't quite remember. I know I lost my cell phone, it has since been found. I know I woke up with an almost empty handle of Vodka in my driveway. I do not remember however, how these things transpired. We'll just chalk night one up to a success.

Then Saturday. My cousin said I should come to Austin. Generally, I find that trips tend to elongate the weekend. I considered going up until the time I woke up on Saturday. Wasn't gonna happen. I was still debating whether I could handle the 40 minute drive into Houston let alone the 3 hours to Austin. Time to find other options. Texted the available options and narrowed my search. Decided on the other cousin, generally a safe bet for a good time. Headed to Kay's Lounge around 9:30. Fairly early for me. I generally don't need over 4 hours at Kay's. I can do plenty of damage in a 2+ hour period. Plenty. By 1:05 I was so tired I couldn't hold a conversation. But without a car, I was stuck. 2 o'clock rolls around and I am ready to be on a couch. It's a funny thing however, when you get to a place you could actually sleep, you don't really want to. Hence the reason I stayed up until 5, drinking and dancing to the most random of songs. So when I was awoken by a loud mouthed cousin, I was none too pleased. Somehow, one of the beds in the house was empty and there were two of us on the couches, not sure how that oversight occurred. I could have sworn it was around 7:45am, but no, it was 11:45am. Lunch a bit later, after we constructed a pyramid of pillows on Justin's face, which of course, he slept through. The amount of noise that man can sleep through is intriguing. Which would have been helpful for me because the amount of snoring he was doing was unforgivable. I mean, I try to let people sleep, but when the effing windows are shaking, its time to wake up, or at least roll over. At this point, I was thinking about going home. I mean, I go home, I can get stuff done, get out of their hair. Nope, not what happened. I stayed until 9:40. I got off the couch, maybe twice, not sure. Watched movies, TV, football. Ate fajitas, played with babies. See, the problem with going home is the pressure to be productive. You can't lay on the couch for 9 hours without one of your cohabitants letting you know they don't appreciate a good couch day the way you do. For shame.

The point, my friends, its that the weekend is over. I was drunk a healthy percent of the time. And of course by healthy, I do not mean physically healthy, I was definitely drunk an unhealthy percent of the time if we are talking physically. But my mental health is much improved. And now, I only have to wake up 4 more times and I can do it all over next weekend. Livin the dream.

1 comments:

Sand in my pantaloons said...

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." --Frank Sinatra

Post a Comment