So, Friday I Was Drunk, Early.

on Monday, August 31, 2009

I got to work Friday morning at about... 10:30 am, I think. No reason to be late, just that it was Friday and I wanted to sleep. And instead of going to lunch with the coworkers, I went out with the neighborhood ladies. It is a tradition in Timber Cove to go out to lunch the first week of school. I kind of celebration of not having your kids around all the time. More so, its a reason to all get together. We went for fish tacos and mango margaritas. Granted, I had to go back to work, so I stuck to just having one. Which didn't work all that well because one is sufficient in giving me quite a buzz. 2 1/2 hours later, I rolled back into the office. Nothin' like Tequila in the afternoon to make you want to take a nap. I mean, it was brutal. So after another 2 whole hours of work, I went home. I didn't take a nap because I didn't have time but I did lay down and read for a bit. Sobered up just long enough to start drinking again. Went to Kay Ann's but she was going to Pete and Annette's for fajitas. Somehow, in this neighborhood, you can always find food. If I was out of sustenance, I would just have to walk down the street and someone would feed me, it's great.


After dinner I headed into town. Went to Kay's Lounge for a classy evening. Drank Lonestar Light and tried to be the fastest at figuring out the puzzle caps. Because if someone else says "oh this one's easy", you can't be the dumb ass who takes 2 whole minutes. No siree. Then Lindsay, in her infinite wisdom, brought brownie cupcakes with peanut butter icing. Not a huge cupcake fan, I mean, they're good but ice cream's better, but these things were pretty impressive, I'm not gonna lie. Then Kate showed up And I thought I was drunk. Yes Kate, I realize I am calling you out but maybe next time you will listen to me before you start making ill advised phone calls. Let this be a lesson to you. Went home and had a spelling contest. Apparently, I said something that be construed as shit-talking. I never have thought of myself as a good speller, so I can't imagine drunk Caitlin feeling the need to start bragging. Justin therefore felt the need to have a contest. Which I of course lost. Then a race with Text Twist, which I was winning at first and then again, lost. I'm pretty sure he was sober, which in my opinion, is cheating.

Saturday morning I woke up in my usual spot, John's couch. Don't feel bad, those couches are better than some beds. My cousin had been kind enough to get tacos, which I ate, then continued to lie there, eat some Aleve, drink some diet coke, and watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I always forget how funny that movie is, I recommend it. Saturday night was Derek and Emily's house warming party. I brought a handle of Tito's and a 20 pack of beer, because, I like to party(so I like my Jesus to party). Now these people are 28, but I swear they are way more grown up. There house is so put together. As Justin would say, "Talk about one-upping, I mean, all the bedrooms have beds in them". I felt like a child. But then, the flip cup. I'd say I forgot how much I loved flip cup, but I didn't, we just never play it. I think my time won more than 50%. I know there was one round where we all hit it on the first flip, but what do you expect from a team with 2 Kuykendalls on it. Nothing short of greatness is what. Again, made it home, somehow.

Sunday: woke up on said couch. This morning it was Justin's turn to get tacos. Which of course started a "whose tacos are better conversation". They're dumb. Laid on the couch till Lauren showed up to go to lunch. I was in no way hungry, but I went, because well, what else was I gonna do. Went back to the couches, but now there was 4 of us on 3 couches, so getting up was ill advised. I believe I ended up on all 3 couches, with different blankets each time. Stayed that way till after True Blood then had to drive the 40 minutes home. Read Darcy some HP to help us sleep, then we passed out. A nice way to spend the last weekend without football.

1 comments:

Sand in my pantaloons said...

Two things: "So I like my Jesus to Party." Fucking A+. And reading your dog HP. I really hope you did this. Are you better than Jim Dale? If you are, record yourself and put it on a CD so I can listen to that in the car instead.

Post a Comment