I Know You're Interested

on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I mean. It will not stopping raining at the office. Everyday after lunch, I come back, it rains. I'm already primed for nap time. Big lunch, lowered productivity, and then rain? I have no chance. So, to stay productive(?), I will write an entry. It is a Tuesday, so I have no drunken debauchery stories to tell. Of course, some Tuesdays I will, but not since this whole "no drinking during the week" thing. On that subject, I had 2 beers last night. We decided that one was OK, with dinner and all. But once I start down that road, I mean, whats 2 gonna do. Oh well, better luck next time.

On to good news, Football. College, NFL, whatever, its about to dominate my life and I couldn't be happier about it. Maybe this year, the BCS will get their heads out of their asses, and stop screwing us over. One can dream. And maybe, just maybe, the Texans will end up with a truly winning season. We've ended up with 8-8 before, but can we finally get a 9 out there in front, that would be sweet. And then there is the all day drinking on Saturday at the bar, and then waking up hungover and watching football from the couch all day Sunday(only way to recover). Then there is fantasy, so all the shit talking can happen, even when not together. Glorious.

One last thing: my dear momma. There is a "Ranch Weekend" this weekend where members of the family go to the ranch and do some sort of manual labor. Be it clearing, building, or cleaning. I generally am "busy", so I never make it. In my defense, it is hot as blazes and you'd have to be flipping crazy, but whatever. So this year, I am an adult and able to go. My cousin needs a driving partner to fight off the boredom. My parents are throwing a birthday party for the bro, so I'm the only Stansfield who can attend. Before I say yes to this hell, I make sure not much is expected of me. As Michael Topping would say, I'm dainty. In this family, saying you're a girl doesn't get you out of much. I'm told it shouldn't be too bad. I say OK. Enter "The Momma". She writes an email to the entire family letting them know I am the Stansfield Representative and that they should make sure I pull my own wait and give me a lot to do. What the hell did I ever do to her??? Rude. Threw me right under the bus. I of course will help, and do what is asked of me, but did she really have to remind them of it. Now, I'll be right there, an easy victim. It's really too bad, maybe I'll come down with swine flu or something else realistic to get me on the DL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment