Everybody's Workin' For The Weekend!

on Friday, August 14, 2009

Another Friday at the office. My office is one of those offices that is missing at least 50% of its employees on Fridays. Being the new girl, I am one of the sad minority to stay. Right now, there are 3 of us here. In about 15 minutes, I'm sure one of them will duck out. Someone has to be here until 5:00, so its a dance to see who has a more reasonable excuse to leave. Last week, I didn't have a key yet, so I couldn't be left alone, but alas, they have solved that problem. I'd be willing to bet money that I will be locking the doors today. But someones got to do it, and I don't help out that much in any other way, so it's the least i can do for my cohorts.

Next on the agenda, pool party. Now when I say pool party, I mean everyone in the neighborhood showing up with a cooler at the pool. No one really swims, but its a nice open area, and no one needs to worry about the state of their house. Man these old people utilize facebook. I mean, we have a yahoo group, facebook group, and of course, there is the old, call someone on their cell phone. The reason for the get together: it's Friday, what else are you gonna do. Generally, these parties are "beer for dinner" parties, so I'm not planning on eating tonight. Again, my healthy living is something to be jealous of.

After, the pre-party with the parents, it is off to town. I like to pretend that I live way out in the middle of nowhere and "Town" is some big deal. In reality, I live in a small city adjacent to town and the only difference is the variety of bars. We have bars, just not as many that don't suck. But we do have bars you can drive up to in your boat, so suck on that h-town. OK, back to the topic at hand. Going into town, gonna drink. Not sure where. Then the decision is, do I come home for the day on Saturday. I think I will, breaks up the weekend and makes it seem longer. Also, more likely that I get a nap. Yep, those are my plans. But knowing me, I'll just get drunk earlier than expected and cancel all of them, so good luck to me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment