A Silly Girl, Left To Her Own Devices

on Monday, August 17, 2009

I don't know what it is about weekends and bad decisions. Well maybe not bad, just slightly more embarrassing than usual. And yet, I wouldn't change a thing. So, all in all, a good weekend.

Friday was easy enough. Walk to the pool, have a couple of beers with the neighbors. They of course tried to keep me hostage, but I prevailed and made the drive into town. Met up with the cousin and his male life partner, neither of which are gay. Went to Porch Swing. Then some genius had the bright idea of tequila shots. Yes it was me, but it wasn't my idea to order too many. So of course, I get stuck with extra shots, which bodes well for a gooood night. I know we left, went to a second bar, then late nighted at the house. My cousin grilled sausage, awesome. We played Buzz, I won, big surprise there. Woke up at 8:00 with a truly ridiculous headache. Popped some aleve, moved off the coach, and passed out for 3 more hours. woke up to this text from my mom: "John(cousin) and Caitlin need to wake up and not be good for nuthin triflin outfits, from mom and mom and grandma". Sweet really. Good for nuthing triflin outfits?? Who says that. Whatever, they think they're funny.

So at one point I drive my cousin to pick up his car. Apparently, when left in the sun, my car gets stupid hot. The cousin was a giant baby and bitched the whole 15 minutes, which is just about when it started to cool off. Then I get a call to go to a party with some old high school friends, and friends is a term I use loosely. I went, trying to expand my horizons, meet new people, yadda yadda yadda. Got there, was a pool party, I was not informed of such things. So I waited until I was almost to drunk to make it home, went home and got my suit. Came back, played beer pong, not well surprisingly. Spent too much time in the pool and stayed up way to late. Drove home at 8:30, told my mom "all" about my night, and as the rest of the family got up to go to church, I went and passed out. My mother made some snide comment about me being an adult. Whatever, adults drink and then get hangovers, so ya, I'm an adult. Ended the weekend with a couple of beers on the boat and went on the jetski, where a 14 year old smartass threw me off a couple of times. I am now at work and it is becoming apparent that today will not be my most productive.

Maybe I'll take a nap...

0 comments:

Post a Comment