A Weekend Totally Dominated by Football, Again

on Monday, September 28, 2009


And Baseball too...

It's Monday, and I couldn't be more tired. Friday, I left work a bit early, had some errands to run before I went to The Stros game with one, Michael D. Topping. He was running 3 minutes late, so I of course filled that time by going to the bar and getting a beer. Ran into some friends. I mean, in all of Houston, why can I go into any bar, and see people from Clear Lake, its getting to be ri-god-damn-diculous. So Mike shows, go to the suite, where I tried to act polite, as to not offend his parents who were kind enough to let me join. Watched the Astros play yet another frustrating game. Got enough free beer to fill my quota, and headed home to Boon's. I was meeting Kate. Now, she was coming from a restaurant 7 minutes away. I was coming from Minute Maid, which is 30 minutes away. Who do you think got there first? Pathetic Kathryn, pathetic. Ran into MORE Clear Lake people. Then proceeded to get hammered, hammered drunk.

Saturday, woke up
earlier than necessary. Well it was early, but Nancy didn't find it unnecessary. What is it about older people, that sleep pisses them off. I mean, ya, if my friends over sleep and we were supposed to meet up, annoying. If I am minding my own business however, it doesn't bother me to know others are sleeping. Anyways, so I woke up, did some more nothing around the house, went into town to watch the game, blowout, nice. Watched the Tech vs. UH, game, go coogs. Still pretty hungover from Friday, it's like I'm old or something, stupid liver.

Woke up early on Sunday, to my father saying "what time you getting up?" Me: "When are we leaving?". Gregg: "10 Minutes". What the hell, who waits until
10 minutes before the train pulls out. 30 minutes would have been nice. I mean, ya I sleep in, but 8:45 on Sunday, not weird for me to be sleeping. I'm gonna have to figure out this sleep thing. Maybe if I had any time, I could have had a glass of water before we left. As it happened, I didn't have water, so when it got hot as shit at the tailgate, I blacked out. Nice. I know I fell, and I know my dad caught me, otherwise, I'm a little fuzzy. Fantastic. Went into the game. Got a free hat, nice. Watched the Texans embarrass themselves, I mean c'mon, pass interference, I think not.

And again, one Peyton Williams Manning came to my rescue. All day I was down in fantasy football, then number 18 comes and pulls a miracle 49 points. Love, love is in the air.

0 comments:

Post a Comment