How Does Football (Good) + Beer (Good) = Hangover (Bad)?

on Monday, September 14, 2009

The last weekend before Vegas, you would think I would rest up, but no. It's like Thanksgiving, there are those who believe you shouldn't eat all day so that you have more room. Then there are those who believe you need to stretch out your stomach. It's like practice for your stomach. I'm in the latter group, obviously. I mean, in college I had totally trained by body for drinking too heavily. I didn't get hangovers, no matter what. Just didn't happen, Linden can attest to this. So I figured, drink heavy all day and night, seems like that would be a good test run for Vegas. Let's hope the hangovers were worth it. Only this weekend will start at 3:00pm on Thursday, because that's when I get to the airport. And we all know that airport bars are where it is at. Also, I won't be driving for 72 hours, so that pesky drinking and driving situation won't rear its ugly head

Anyways, back to the weekend at hand. Friday, went shopping, blew a good amount of money, but ended up with enough to supplement my wardrobe. Then went to the neighbors for Tapas. It was good to say the least. It was a good bye party for a friend moving to Spain, so they were fairly Texas based tapas. Who new T Cove was filled with such inventive chefs. My plan was to wait until the party died, then head out to a birthday thing for a bit. Little did I know that they were going to bust out the drunken guitar playing and singing. I ended up leaving at 12:30, which was way earlier than the party actually died. Did I mention that these were all 45-65 year olds? Nothing like seeing all the dads I grew up with hammered drunk singing ""You Don't Have to Call Me Darlin, Darlin". So, made it down to Kemah, and was greeted with a shot of Patron. To recap, I had white wine sangria at the party, followed by Lone Star and Shiner. So this was gonna by an all types of liquor kinda night, fantastic. Ended up hammered and back at home at 2:30, good night in all.

Woke up way to late, showered, got dressed and tried to find a TV showing the Texas game. Stupid Comcast. Found the TV and proceeded to sit on that couch all day/ night. Took a 2 hour break to go eat dinner, buy more beer, and red wine, because the guys ar
e just that classy. Before the game had ended, and we had run out of beer, Chet decided to open the bottle of wine he was gonna drink at dinner. Kate was out of beer, so he poured her a glass. 30 minutes later, the bottle was gone, and it wasn't a small bottle. Drunks. Went to Angelo's for pizza, first time I'd eaten all day(8:00 pm). Went back to Chet's, somewhere in hear is where I lost my phone the first time, nicely done. Didn't even know it was gone. Watched the USC game, which of course sucked to be rooting for the Trojans, but man do I hate the Buckeyes, so they were the lesser of two evils. Somehow, my hangover kicked in around midnight, so I slowed my roll. Realized my phone was missing, found said phone, for all of what seemed like 15 minutes, managed to lose it yet again. Made a couple more interesting decisions, headed home around 5:00 am, at least my parents are heavy sleepers.

Woke up when my parents returned from church, they don't even try to make me go. Started the search for the phone yet again, how it got in Kate's car I do not know. Watched the Texans embarrass their city. Watched the Giants embarrass Campbell. Watched my Fantasy team embarrass the league. Headed to the pool around 5:45 for some Sunday Funday. Thought about not drinking, then proceeded to ignore that random thought. Watched Kanye embarrass himself. Watched Beyonce make it all better. Read HP, passed out. Nothing special, just a good ol' drunken weekend, nicely done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment