FLIP CUP!!!, or, Labor Day Part:3

on Thursday, September 10, 2009

So Sunday came along, and I did something quite out of the ordinary. I woke up at like 8:00. Now, I realize this is not a huge accomplishment, but it was odd to say the least. My uncle made me breakfast, it was delicious, and we talked for a couple of hours, while I retold some of my Saturday. What felt like 4:00 rolled around and I figured we should probably head home. It was like noon. Ridiculous. Waking up early really lengthens the day. It's kind of amazing actually. Got on the road, and awaited the bliss that was a down and dirty burger, so pumped. We got to Ellinger, and ordered. Now, you know when you have heard tales of burgers or some other food that a place is famous for, it is not a surprise if that something is a let down. People always talk to much. But I am a fan of the "it's just a really good burger" burger. Nothing special, just good. I would say this burger is better than that though. I was not disappointed. They toast the bun on the grill so it tastes like melted heaven. Anyways, two thumbs up.

Got home, got dressed, headed into town, I believe it was about 7:00, but I'm not sure. The Ole Miss game had just ended, congrats to the Ole Miss fans, and we set off in search of food. I wasn't really that hungry, but I of course helped out on the Kenneally's Pizza. Watched a couple of games of darts, then headed to the house party, where we were told, the beer runneth over. Needless to say, I called for more beer around 10:45, we'd already finished the first 72, which sounds like a lot, but isn't. Especially not when flip cup is involved. I love flip cup, love it. I'm also not too bad at it either. Which isn't a big surprise, because I typically don't love doing things I'm not good at, something about being slightly competitive or something. I swear we played 50 games, sometimes, just one on one. Hammered, hammered drunk. Gonna cut that night short, because that's all I remember. Passed out(on a couch, again).

Monday, woke up and headed to brunch. Wasn't really brunch but I got breakfast, and some people got lunch. I would have maybe gotten lunch, but it wasn't being served for another 30 minutes, and I was not waiting, ludicrous. At this point, I was still drunk. I wasn't hungover, and I wasn't hurting, but my head felt all funny and I was definitely dizzy/light headed. Had like 8 glasses of iced tea, went back to the house, laid on the couch, and waited until I felt physically able to drive for 40 minutes. Took me about 5 hours to get to that point. Made it home. Read HP. All in all, the weekend was much more eventful than expected. Some might give it a 9.5, but

1 comments:

kate said...

I give a ten to Varsity Blues. Well blogged, Caitlin.

Post a Comment