On Thanksgiving Day, All Over America, Families Sit Down To Dinner At The Same Moment - Halftime.

on Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I love Thanksgiving. Not just the food, but everything. It's like Christmas with lower stress levels. Granted there are no gifts, but there is also no church. That sounds bad, I realize, but church is just one of those things that you have to work into your schedule. Stress. People come home for Thanksgiving too, which is nice. And when you're in school you get this nice break. Maybe I enjoy it because I haven't had one in 4 years. Last year, I was in Hell, or Florida for those not in the know, so I was working. It was the worst. At least when I worked in Austin, the 2 previous years, I could grab a bite of turkey, then head to work. In Florida, I was stuck, alone, in a place that doesn't respect tradition. Gross. I was also harassed via text messages. Nice little reminders that I wasn't sprawled on a couch watching The Game.

But all that is behind me now. This year, dinner is at our house, so more cooking falls to me. Generally I make one dish, but this year, I'm making one dish, then assisting with all the other ones. I have also been taken off green beans and given the dressing. The dressing is much more time consuming, so my busy aunt took the easier recipe. Only one problem. When I make the green beans, which I've been doing for years, I don't follow the recipe exactly. I had a couple of different secret ingredients. I also add some not so secret ingredients. Double the fried onions. Sounds simple, but it makes all the difference. Also, it sounds fat, but I'm telling you that the amount that is called for is way too little. So maybe not double, but extra.

Football should be good this year too. Last year I sat in an empty hotel room and watched the victory, but it was not the same being alone. Nathan will be at the game this year, so I will not be able to taunt him, so the Momma will be receiving most of it. Lucky her. I'm predicting a nap at one point, or at least a comatose state on the couch. Yup, that's the plan. To you and yours, Happy Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment