Football, A Glass Case of Emotion

on Monday, November 9, 2009

I love the fall for many reasons, but football has to be one of the big ones. For 5 months, you never have to wonder what you'll be doing that weekend. Saturdays, great. Sundays, even better. College football, speaks to my heart. I love it, love it. I can wake up on Saturday, and besides the drive time between bars, and not stopping watching for hours on end. Granted, part of this has to do with the Longhorns being back on top. Those in between years were hard, no doubt, but we never lost hope. It also helps that for the last 4 seasons, I have been eligible to drink in public. Being 21 never gets old. Like turning 16, it changed your life, for the better, and you never take it for granted.

Then there are Sundays, hangovers and all. I generally find myself glued to the couch on Sundays, water in one hand, Aleve in the other. It is frustrating however, to have to wait for the noon game. I manage to always wake up hours before, and sit and watch highlights from yesterday. Which is fairly pointless, because I watched it all in real time. This is generally when I catch up on golf, I don't know why, but I have watched more golf this year. I actually know a little bit now. Weird.

All in all it was a good weekend for football. Granted, the Texans lost, and that was upsetting. K Brown and his clutch kicks, not so much this week. Poor Guy. Cowboys win, which affects me in no way. I used to think that Cowboy's wins were a detriment because I had to listen to the fans all week whoop and holler about the greatness that is "that team from up North", but now, I'm not so sure. When they lose, they cry more than anyone. But not only do they cry, they bitch about their team. Makes my insults a little less affective. So basically, its a lose lose, so well done. Horned frogs comin' up, which I would generally say is a good thing, minus the fact that previous supporters of UT or hoping for a defeat. But again, I am not worried. We will prevail.

Hook 'Em Horns!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment