Missing Kitty, Or Not

on Thursday, November 12, 2009

Now, I realize that many of you are not what you would call, "cat lovers". So, with that in mind, this post is not technically about a cat, it is more about the ridiculousness that is Timber Cove.


Earlier this morning, I received an email regarding a missing cat. A family down the street just got a new kitten, to replace their recently deceased one, and of course, the cat ran away. Now, I have never had an animal that ran away. Darcy, for instance, always stayed in or around the yard. She occasionally refused to come inside, but she had the smarts to realize where her food was. I digress. The first email came at 9:35a.m. Then, 3 minutes later, the exact same email was forwarded to me. Apparently, the first one went to one list serve, so the head of the Garden Club decided to forward it to her list serve. Nice to know that in case of an emergency, they will be able to reach me by many methods. Anyways, people were alerted.


1:23. This email contained the last known sighting of the feline. Interestingly enough, it was sent by a woman, who lives nowhere near the owner's house (relatively speaking, for Timber Cove standards), but she herself did not see the cat. She was just reporting, to the whole neighborhood, that a woman named Denise had seen the cat "last night in a driveway 3 houses towards Shorewood". Huh. Well, since the owners live on Shorewood, how could it be 3 houses towards Shorewood. Obviously she means on another street. What street? Who knows. Nice tip ladies.


At 2:22 this afternoon, I received an email, from the Garden Club announcing the safety of "The Fugitive". He had in fact, not run away, but had been in the house the whole time. Genius, right under the noses! So, I of course breathe a sigh of relief, no more need to get a group together for the night watch.(I would like to point out that Denise's helpful tip was once again null and void, due to the fact that the cat was in the house, quite some disinformation circling about. )


Oh Wait. At 4:15, I was alerted yet one more time that the cat, previously thought to be lost, then found, had in fact actually gotten out. Who loses a cat they know is trying to escape. You'd think the cat would have to lull them into a sense of security, "No, I'm not going anywhere, you don't have to watch me". No, apparently, that would be unnecessary.


4:18. Last and hopefully final email. The previous email must have had a delay, because between it and the last one, signs had been posted, emails sent, phone calls placed, kitty found. That's right! No more worries from TLV. No need to alert the Mayor, oh wait, I'm sure she received all the same emails I did. 

Let me summarize. I have received 6 emails throughout the course of the day. Now, if it had been my pet that was lost, I would appreciate all the helpfulness, so I would like to congratulate, and thank, the Cove for the promptness in assisting a neighbor in need. On the other hand, when I left for work this morning, the kitty was in the house. When I get back from work this evening, the kitty will be in the house. No change. So really, it's like it never even happened. But don't worry, I have the documentation to prove that it did. Huh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment