What Do You Think Of Dual Citizenship?

on Friday, February 26, 2010

In my many travels around the world (wide web), I came across a small micronation in Sweden. It was formed to preserve artwork built in the 1980's. It is called Ladonia and it now has about 14,000 citizens. Of course I was skeptical since I have never heard of such a place. Wikipedia, as helpful as it is, is not very trustworthy. But when I went to the Ladonian website, it wasn't much better. Research ensued. Did you know there is a British West Florida micronation? Ya, they think they should be returned to dominion status, and have the same relationship with Britain as say Canada does. What? I mean, I've heard of the Conch Republic, but to me that is just Key West people trying to assert there uniqueness. Apparently, all you have to do to make your own micronation, is declare it. Maybe this is well known knowledge and I'm just behind, but I this to me is falling along the lines Petoria

Back to Ladonia. Citizenship is free, all you have to do is apply online and you're in. Normally I wouldn't consider such a thing, but for $12, you can create a title for yourself. I could be a baroness, or a lady, or a countess. I could be Baroness Consuela Banana Hammock. A-maz-ing. 

Or, I could just make the Republic of Timber Cove and become the real Cpt. Amurica. Can you imagine? The possibilities are endless.

P.S.  Ladonia sounds alot like Lindonia, so maybe you should join and take your rightful place.

1 comments:

lschro said...

1. It's happening. You can now call me Lady Lindonia of the Cake Lovers of Ladonia.

2. From the wiki definition of micronations, "These nations often exist only on paper, on the Internet, or in the minds of their creators." I LOLed all over the place at this.

3. I'm going to dedicate the rest of my day to creating my own micronation (name TBD) which will more than likely be dedicated to cake, cocktails and beaches. I'll get back to you when I have more details on the name, location (my mind, more than likely), constitution, etc.

Post a Comment