Tequila and WIne, Another Austin Weekend

on Monday, March 22, 2010

Taking Fridays off is a glorious idea. I don't know why I don't think of it more often. Last Friday was going to be a half day, but when I woke up that plan went out the window. I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and head to Austin early. It was a beautiful. I got to Austin around 1:30 and of course started my trip with food. Outside dining is what spring is all about. Since it wasn't quite happy hour yet, I switched it up and went with Italian food. Shocking I know.

After the food fest, H1 and I decided to spend the rest of the sunlight out of doors. We started at the driving range, because thy are BYOB and its cheap outside entertainment, really you should try it. Then we went to the park and watched the kites, tossed a baseball(?) and played big and little tennis. Little being half the court, its quite challenging.

After our strenuous work out session, it was time for tequila and queso, duh. At this point, something changed in me and I got hammered. I asked the waiter what drink had the most bang for my buck and he says the frozen margs. He brings out a fairly small size margarita but informs me it has three shots o tequila in it. Honestly, it was frozen tequila, and it was delicious. After we finished our very memorable discussion, sorry ladies it's gone forever, we headed up north for reverse happy hour. I did not need to do this. To make sure I was prepared, I drank a large sugar free red bull. Dumb. They haven't been "working" lately, but this one must have been super charged because I started acting like an 8 yr old who decided to down a Dr. Pepper Big Gulp. Embarrassingly hyper. Add to that 2 or 3 (again, I can't remember) margaritas and 2 or 3 vodka sodas and that was me at the end of the night. Drunk as a skunk.

The wine part of this weekend will come a little later.

2 comments:

Sand in my pantaloons said...

Hahahahaha, big and little tennis. Totally forgot. Brighties and Dimmies.

Anne Smith said...

where is the wine part?? you need to get on it, girl!

Post a Comment