It's Tuesday And I'm Sick

on Tuesday, October 13, 2009

For those of you not in the know, God has blessed me with one hell of an immune system. Or, what was one hell of an immune system. I never got sick, ever. People would get hit with the flu and be out for a week. I could live with them, and all I would get is a scratchy throat one morning. It was great. People are always sooo careful this time of year, never bothered me.

That was until of course, I started abusing m
y body with alcohol. Who knew. My body held up the first couple of years of college. Actually it held up until the last semester of college. My roommates would go to the doctors, be on medication, not and drink. It all seemed odd to me. I mean, just drink more water, maybe some vitamins, how serious could it be? Then I got a scratchy throat, that lasted all the way into the afternoon, and I thought, well that's odd. I took this as evidence that I was of course dying, so off to the pharmacy I went. Grabbed some Nyquil, Emergen-C, and believed myself cured. It worked pretty well actually. I never actually got that sick, made it to work, and school. The cough stayed in the throat, no fever, excellent. So, I kept up my regiment of vitamin C, just to make sure. One glass a day. Which leads me to the point of this story. One evening, I realized I hadn't made my drink for the day. This was around 8:00 at night. I was already in the process of making my 70-30 V&T. I really didn't want to just chug a glass of water and powder. Light bulb! Why not put the Emegen-c into the vodka tonic, kill two birds with one stone. I'll tell you why not, it gets you fucked up. I mean really. The berry flavor masks the vodka, so you end up making a really strong drink. And the fizz makes it even worse. It was awesome. Next night, we did the experiment on Linden. It was her turn to stumble to bed that night. Did I mention this was a Tuesday and Wednesday? And we couldn't even walk to our beds. Ahh college.

Right now, I am sitting at my desk, with cough drops, Dayquil, and Emergen-C. I have a big weekend planned, and I refuse, refuse, to be sick. Not gonna do it.

In honor of Linden's "Cocktail of the Month", I would like to introduce ya'll to the C.V.T. (Vitamin C Vodka Tonic, but you should have been able to figure that out on your own.)


Fill glass (or large Rudy's cu
p), halfway with ice
Fill with Vodka until ice is submerged

Top off with Tonic
Add One Packet Emergen-C

Ta-da! Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment